Friday, July 24, 2026

Moonshine & Ale 7/24/26

 

Thursday night Live Band Karaoke was a bunch of fun. My nephew Josh Holmes filled in for Pancho on guitar, while Heather played drums and I covered keys. We had a bunch of people in we haven’t seen in a while, which was nice to see! Also, we met several other musicians who came out to sing with us and/or support their friends who were also singing. After the show, Heather and I headed back to San Marcos, and just after I got home, I called Josh to make sure he got on the road safely, and while on the phone, he had a tire explode. Fortunately, he had gone through a drive through after the show and was still in New Braunfels, so I drove back down, helped him get his tire off, picked him up, drove back to my house, and got to bed about 6am. He took my truck and ran to get a new tire as soon as they opened, and by 8:30am, we were back on the road to New Braunfels to put on his new tire and send him safely towards Houston. What a crazy end to a long day.