Sunday, December 28, 2008

Kingston Mines 12/26/08 & 12/27/08

Bill, Brian and I backed up Duke this weekend in Chicago. I was fairly busy Friday. I didn't know what to expect since it was the day after Christmas. My wife came with us and took about 300 pictures of the band! About 20 of those were pre-beers, but since she's a pro, almost all of them were great.

I met a couple of Duke's long-time fans, Suzie and Ci Ci, and filled them in on the status of James and Nancy (of which I knew nothing). Why do I suddenly feel like this has turned into a gossip column? Saturday was super-packed, and I had a chance to meet the owner of Kingson Mines, Doc. What a great guy. I picked up one of his son Frank's CDs, and we listened to it on the way home. Good stuff, Frank!
Kingston Mines 12_26_08 Frank Pellegrino, Duke Tumatoe and Dan Holmes Duke Tumatoe-2