Saturday, December 11, 2010

SUMC 12/10/10

We performed our swing show for the folks at Speedway UMC, and I cannot remember the last time I had so much fun at a show! I mean, don't get me wrong, I have fun at every show, but there were so many factors which made this a special night for me. First and foremost, Angela Ingresoll is a great singer whom I've know since she was five years old. We haven't had a chance to work together until tonight, and she was fantastic. Then there was the best band guys in town on stage;
Steve Brunner (drums, one of my oldest collaborators for my CDs and a great friend)
Bill Ritter (upright bass, my awesome brother-in-law-once-removed-ish)
Jake Hahn (guitar, the guy I'd choose to write with every day and one of my best friends)
Paul Schafer (alto sax, always fun to work and super long winded...in a good way)
Doug McCoy (trombone, it's always a party with him and Jeff)
Jeff Gill (tenor sax, it's always a party with him and Doug)
and we were also joined by Alan Burke on vocals, who I had never had a chance to work with until tonight, and he was fantastic!

Lastly, the crowd was full of friends, family and neighbors who reminded me why I'll miss Indy. Thank you to everyone tonight!!!
DHG at SUMC