Sunday, May 5, 2013

AJ's Ale House MF 5/4/13




May the 4th be with you! My day started off at a Comic Con in San Marcos (just for fun; I wasn't gigging) with lots of people in costume. Then, I headed north to meet up with Mikey Gammon in Marble Falls a bit early because, performing just before us, the songwriter Joe Ely was live on stage! We set up as soon as he tore down and began our request show. My favorite comment of the evening came from a gentleman who requested "The Devil Went Down To Georgia". After I finished it, he came up to the stage, looking like he could knock my block off if he wanted to, and said, "I'm the one who requested that song. I'm a Charlie Daniels aficionado, and I just want to say, that was beautiful." Then he smile and returned to his seat. I'm glad I played it well!