Sunday, December 13, 2015

Doubletree Greenway 12/12/15

At 1pm, Gray Gregson (pianist), Kevin Humphry (bassist), and Chris Wallis (drummer) met me at my house in San Marcos to ride together to do our show in Houston for Howl2Go (Howl At The Moon). Soon after we hit the road, it started raining heavily, and as traffic started to slow down on the interstate, we were rear-ended lightly by a hydroplaning car. No one hurt and minimal damage, we continued on to our show. Load in and sound check happened before 6pm, and the show was 8pm to midnight to an energetic crowd! They partied and danced and generally had a good time! The dancing kept a smile on my face. 
By the time we loaded out and headed home, the wind and rain had intensified, and we arrived safely back at my house by 4am. All three of those pro musicians I worked with did an amazing job, especially considering some intense travel and the long hours. Hats off to you three!!!