Monday, May 4, 2020

Star Wars Live Stream 5/4/20

This maybe my favorite thing I've ever done. In strict observance of the holiday May the Fourth, I grabbed my Darth Vader helmet and did and hour-and-a-half show in character on our All Request Piano page on Facebook. Singing as Darth Vader really messed up my voice (I actually lost it after the show), but it was worth it. I gotta give a huge shout out two the two amazing women who helped make it possible. My wife, Christine, and my work-wife, Heather, made it possible for this show to happen.
Behind the scenes info:
I had in-ear monitors and a headset mic inside the helmet (and a loop of Vader's breathing which slowly drove me insane). With the helmet on, I couldn't really see and I could barely breathe. I had a fan pointed straight up my back for air circulation inside the helmet. Heather was on the page from her home in the Dallas area, and she was keeping people engaged within the comments. Christine was in the next room in our house in San Marcos, equipped with a monitor and a microphone. The mic fed into my in-ears (but not online) so she could talk to me and let me know what songs were being requested and who was asking for them. It was a team effort! A big thanks to them and to everyone who watched this hilarious show!