Saturday, June 5, 2021

Krause Springs 6/5/21


My good buddy Ian Lee invited me out to do a song swap with him and his band for an early Tejas Trails event. I left my house about 6:45 AM to meet up with them at 8 AM, so we could get started by 9 AM. Those of you who know me know I usually don’t go to bed until somewhere around these numbers. I was happy to get up and go play a show with these three fellas. We played a bunch of western swing and a bunch of my originals as we swapped songs back-and-forth. Curtis Sigurd on base is rock-solid, and I’ve played with him on several other shows before. Adrian Voorhies was on drums, and I hope I get to play with him some more in the future! I miss getting to play with Ian regularly, so I’ll take it any chance I can get it. There were some light rain here and there, but we stayed dry under our pop-up tents. After the show, I actually went down and took a dip in Krause Springs!