Friday, January 4, 2008

Papa Joe's & Howl At The Moon 1/3/08

I played a double gig tonight. First at Papa Joe's, Bill Ritter and I introduced the crowd to some New Orleans style piano blues. It was fairly cold out, so the crowd left early. Thanks to the die-hard DHG fans who stuck around until the 9:30 end of our show.

Next, I rushed down to Howl At The Moon, for some dueling piano action. I made it from Avon, IN, to downtown Indy in about 25 minutes. I thought I was on at 10p, but it turns out I wasn't due on until 11p. As I walked into the club, I recieved a text message from the entertainment director letting me know that it was slow enough that I didn't need to come in. I stuck around, and sure enough, business picked up within the hour.

"Don't Stop Believing" was requested 6 times. [>(