Monday, October 26, 2009

Broussard's Restaurant 10/25/09

While walking around the French Quarter in New Orleans, I received a panicked call from Kevin O'Day at 6:45. He told me he hadn't heard from Walter, and wanted me to come fill in for him. So I rushed back to the hotel where my car was tied up in valet-land forever. By the time I made it to the gig, they had delayed starting for a half hour, by no fault of my own. Kevin made an announcement that Walter couldn't make it, and I was stepping in at the last minute. The crowd then applauded me as I was setting up!

I sat down, and realized that the reason they were so panicked was due to the fact that we weren't just playing the reception of a wedding, but the actual ceremony as well! I played the rest of the evening with Kevin and bassist Jack Cruz. I never did hear what happened to Walter...