Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Zydeco's 3/7/10

We had so much fun this afternoon in Mooresville, IN, that I had almost forgot that the day started with a panic attack. Our drummer, Joe Maddox, who also performs for his church on Sundays, Sent me a text an hour before the show to tell me his sub for the church was injured, and he wouldn't be able to make it to our show. Yikes. I quickly called an old friend (and a great drummer) Steve Brunner in to play with us. He was thankfully able to make it! To top off the whole situation, this was the first gig performing my material for our new guitarist, Jake Hahn. Once the show started, we had so much fun, all worries went out the door.
Jake Hahn with DHG Dan Holmes and Steve Brunner at Zydeco's brunch Bill Ritter at Zydeco's brunch Steve Brunner at Zydeco's brunch Jake Hahn's guitar
After we finished, Joe joined us at Zydeco's for a promo photo shoot, shot by my wife, Christine Barton-Holmes. Thanks to the crew at Zydeco's for making today go smoothly!!!
Dan Holmes Group Dan Holmes and Bill Ritter Joseph Maddox Jake Hahn
Dan Holmes at the piano