Sunday, January 2, 2011

Club Tavern 1/1/11

I spent 1/1/11 in 10% of our country. That's right, five states today. Woke up in Nebraska at 6:00am (after four hours of sleep), drove through Iowa and Missouri to land in Quincy, Illinois to play my final gig with Dr. Duke Tumatoe, then drove the rest of the way through Illinois and Indiana to land at home at about 2:30am. Wow.

The gig was packed, and it was a good show to have as my last with the Doctor. It has been an honor to share the stage with him, and I'm grateful for all of the opportunities he has provided me. Tonight, he even let me hold his guitar, Al, another honor. Also, I will greatly miss working with the enormously talented Joe Maddox, and of course, my brother-from-another-mother-whose-sister-is-married-to-my-brother, Bill Ritter. Bill and Joe have made performing so easy by being a very tight rhythm section. Thank you Duke, Joe and Bill. I'll miss you, but not as much as you'll miss me! :-)
Dan and Al
Dan's Last Night At Pub Tavern