Friday, March 2, 2012

AJ's Ale House MF 3/1/12


Tonight in Marble Falls, Texas, Joe Resnick laid down some drums to some of the strangest and most challenging requests I've ever gotten. Somehow, the entire crowd got it into their head to request me to play a song as if another person had already covered it, and I was covering the imaginary cover. It all got started when a woman request White Snake at the same time a man requested Bob Dylan, and when I asked which one first, a third party in the crowd yelled, "Play White Snake like Bob Dylan would cover it!" Thus began the insanity.
I played White Snake's "Here I Go Again" in the style of Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone", and sung it like Dylan. Then it was "Freebird" as Kermit the Frog. Then "Ice Ice Baby" as Stephen Hawking. Then "Purple Rain" as Elvis would've done it. What a crazy, crazy night.