Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sundance Records 3/31/12




Last night, I drove back from Lake Jackson, TX to San Marcos so I could be ready to provide P.A. and perform for the final day of business at Sundance Records. I set up all the equipment by 10:30am, and then for the next seven hours, I ran sound for some of the best musicians in central Texas, all of whom either were regular customers of Sundance for years or ex-employees. There were so many acts, I'm not sure I could name them all, but a few of the highlights were folks like Freddie Krc, Sons Of Fathers, Kent Finlay, and Bill Whitbeck. Greg Ellis proudly introduced each and every one of us with equal gravitas. It was an honor to perform at Sundance with such great music surrounding me. I must say, San Marcos lost a true treasure this weekend in the form of Sundance records. They have done much for the community over the years, and they truly will be missed!