Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Evangeline Cafe 2/12/13




Woohoo! Mardi Gras in Austin, TX! I had a fantastic time tonight performing at Evangeline Cafe with Chris, Ian, and Kevin. I felt very proud of the fellas after the show. The band was tight and funky, and I had more people than I could count come up after the show to tell us how much the enjoyed our music, which always feels great to hear. We pulled out all the stops and did as much Mardi Gras music mixed with our originals as we could in our hour-and-a-half time slot. Before us, the band Gumbo Cest Soir performed a great set of Cajun music, and right after we performed, Charles Thibodeaux and the Austin Cajun Aces. Then, in between each band inside, outside, another great band was playing, Choctaw Wildfire! To top off a great evening, as I was loading out and talking to the many friends who came out to see us, I was introduced to Marcia Ball who also showed up for some Mardi Gras fun!