Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Jack's Roadhouse 6/24/13




We performed our show tonight as a trio in San Marcos, with Chris Wallis on drums, Ian Lee on guitar and me performing bass and leads on my piano and organ. Making the show a bit melancholy for me was performing "I Wouldn't Treat A Dog", in honor of Bobby Blue Bland, who recently passed away. R.I.P Mr. Bland.

I had fun tonight, although it was bittersweet. On the one hand, we ran through lots of tunes which we had never played together before, and they all sounded great, which proved to me how talented the two guys I was performing with are. On the other hand, this was the last show for Chris Wallis, as he is moving on to pursue new goals in life. Ian, Kevin and I wish him all the best, and I'm sure we'll keep in touch. Thank you, Chris, for all your hard work and effort in DanHolmesGroup!