Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Evangeline Cafe 2/13/18


Lesse le bon temps rouler! Our sixth annual Mardi Gras performance in Austin, Texas, was tons of fun, as it always has been in the past! Before taking the stage, I was honored to be named Mardi Gras King and given a trophy, which I will truly cherish. Musically, we switched things up a bit tonight and had the multi-talented Kevin Humphrey on guitar (instead of bass) which opened up the bass chair for our new friend, Curtis Sigurd. It was Curtis’ first gig with us tonight, but it sounded like we’d been together for years. His upright bass locked perfectly with the super-funky Chris Wallis on drums. Every time I have a chance to play with talented fellas like these, I feel a deep appreciation for where music has lead me in life. Also, I’d like to say a big thanks to my wife for taking pictures of the band. I wish I could’ve hung out a bit more with her tonight, but it was great to see her at the show. Happy Mardi Gras everyone!