Thursday, December 27, 2018

Darwin’s Pub 12/26/18


I woke up in Indianapolis, IN, at about 8:30am this morning, said goodbye to my parents after a quick Christmas trip was ending, and my cousin then drove my wife and me to the airport. We just barely beat the storms in both Houston and Austin, Texas, for our flights home. My friends Ian and Kashi picked us up at the airport in Austin and drove us to our house in San Marcos, where we did a little Christmas of our own before I headed back north to Austin to perform with drummer Mikey Gammon on 6th Street. We had a good crowd and a bunch of requests, all before the rain really hit. When we finished, I was giving Mikey a ride home in the pouring rain when I heard *puh-thump, *puh-thump, *puh-thump, *puh-thump, so I pulled over fearing a flat tire. Turns out, it was just a used zip tie stuck in the tread of my tire smacking the wheel well. I pulled it out, and got back to San Marcos safely by 1am. What a long day!