Friday, July 8, 2022

House Pasture Cattle Co 7/7/22


We performed in Concan, TX, on this hot Thursday night. NY/NY Dueling Pianos has booked this 11-week run there, and I’m glad Heather and I were able to do one. It was a really fun show! We played a couple of warm-up songs, and then a young man with special-needs came up onto the stage behind me. A man came up and explained that the young man loved music and loved to sing, and really wanted to sing the Star-Spangled Banner with us, so that’s exactly what we did! He picked up a mic and sang along with me, and the crowd exploded with pride after he finished! The rest of the night just went better and better from that point, finishing with people in the crowd telling us we were their favorite part of their summer so far, and the venue’s very talented soundman told us it was the best show he had seen. It made Heather and I very happy to hear that from them!