Friday, July 11, 2008

Neighborfest 7/10/08


Albert
Originally uploaded by Dan Holmes Group

As I was getting ready to leave the house for Columbus, Indiana for the gig with Duke, I noticed some water in the hallway of my house. When I went to investigate furthur, I found ankle-deep water in our back bedroom, and water in the kitchen, laundry room, master bedroom, and spare bedroom. Frantic, I found myself searching for towels before running off to the gig (and leaving my wife to handle a good chunk of the mess). If it weren't for my wife, I'd be totally lost and homeless, I'm sure.

The gig went great, and the crowd had fun as the city introduced a parking garage to the crowd. Yep. A parking garage. This was the best (and first) grand opening of a parking garage I've played. Thanks goes out to Bob Ritter for giving us some great pictures!

Duke Tumatoe and DHG in Columbus, Indiana Dan Holmes smiles Brian Yarde Bill Ritter sings with Duke Tumatoe

Duke gave his mic to my mother because she won a raffle. Big mistake. She told the crowd to buy my CD because she was a graduate of Columbus High School, or something to that effect.