Saturday, May 22, 2010

New Castle Arts Garden 5/21/10

Bill and I hooked up with Joe and Duke in New Castle, IN to perform for their concert series. It would have been a really fun show, if I hadn't been hurt as soon as I arrived. Just before unloading our gear, an elderly, frail-looking woman walked up, excited to meet the band. She reach her hand out to shake mine, before I could fully grip her hand, she unknowingly and excitedly clasped down on my fingers just above my knuckles, and squeezed my ring into my pinkie knuckle with the force of a python. I immediately had a shooting pain up my arm, and had to play the rest of the night with a huge knot on the side of my smallest finger. The rest of the band found it entertaining that I was maimed by a sweet grandmotherly woman.

The show went great, and the venue was a cool, reused building (which used to be a lumber yard). I ran into Marty Weaver, the keyboard player from Governor Davis and the Blues Ambassadors, who had come out to see us perform. He had a rare night off, and he happens to live in New Castle! After talking to him at the end of the show, we packed up and I drove home in more pain than I can remember feeling in my hand. Uhgg.


Performing in New Castle, Indiana Bill Ritter in New Castle, Indiana Duke Tumatoe in New Castle, Indiana Joe Maddox in New Castle, Indiana Dan Holmes in New Castle, Indiana
Keyboard Players in New Castle, Indiana