Saturday, August 24, 2013

Phoenix Saloon 8/23/13






Whooooo, what a night! The Hill Country Gentlemen had a great show tonight at the Phoenix Saloon in New Braunfels, TX. We brought out the big band tonight, including Kevin Humphrey (electric guitar), Troy Stone (acoustic guitar), Jeremiah Sawyer (bass), Clay Rheinlander (drums), Ian Lee (violin, mandolin), Eddie Lehwald (trombone), Thomas Van Der Brook (saxophone), Daniel Garcia (trumpet) and I rounded things out on piano. I cannot overstate how much fun this show was! The horn section, plus Ian on violin, made things really special. I felt good with our core band's performance, and the icing of all of those other great players made me hungry for more shows like this one. I hope everyone at tonight's show had as much fun as the band did!