Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bob & Tom 1/7/09

Bill Ritter made his debut on Bob and Tom this morning. Mark Rohrman was out of town on vacation, so Bill played "Lord, Help Our Colts" and "The NFL Song" with Duke and myself. He even had a great Bass Talk joke! Good job, Bill!

Bass Talk:
A bass player found a $500 pair of fine Italian shoes. He saved his gig money for six months, then headed to the store and bought them. At his next gig, he wore his new shoes. They were very polished, so much so that he could see his reflection in them.
During his first break, an attractive woman came up to him to compliment his bass playing skills. He stopped her before she spoke and said, "Excuse me are you wearing blue panties?" Shocked, the woman said, "Yes, I am, but how'd you know?" The bass player responded, "Because I could see the reflection of them in my new $500 pair of fine Italian shoes." Disgusted, the woman walked away.
The bass player played his second set, and on his second break, a shockingly attractive woman came up to complement his musicianship. He stopped her before she spoke and said, "Excuse me are you wearing red panties?" Amused, the woman said, "Yes, I am, but how'd you know?" The bass player responded, "Because I could see the reflection of them in my new $500 pair of fine Italian shoes." This woman gave him her phone number, and walked away.
The bass player then played his final set, and after the show, a the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen came up to stroke his ego. He stopped her before she spoke and began to cry. The woman asked, "Are you alright?" At which the bass player choked, "Please tell me you are not wearing any panties..." Confused, the woman said, "Why, no I'm not."

The bass player responded, "Thank goodness! I thought I had a crack in my new $500 pair of fine Italian shoes."