Monday, August 30, 2010

Art Street 8/29/10

Green Bay, WI is a hard seven-and-a-half hours from Indianapolis. Our show was at 2pm (3pm Indy time). We didn't get to bed until almost 4am from Modoc last night, and we had to be on the road to Green Bay by 7am, which means we started our seven-and-a-half hour drive with only two-and-a-half hours of sleep. We arrived just in time to set up and begin playing our three-hour-long show, when I realized I was going to be sitting in the 95 degree, afternoon sun. My keyboard got so hot, I burned my hand on it badly enough it blistered. When we finished, Bill and I headed to our hotel and grabbed a quick bite to eat at the hotel buffet (which felt like we were crashing a wedding party, due to the wedding band and the bride & groom dancing) and then fell asleep at about 8pm. We were back on the road Monday morning at 7am so I could make it home in time for one of my last days of giving lessons in Avon, IN before I move. We made it back at 2:45pm. My first lesson was at 3pm.
The crowd finds shade in Green Bay, WI Duke Tumatoe in Green Bay, WI