Saturday, August 28, 2010

Spike's Beach Grill 8/27/10

Once again, we drove to Warsaw, IN to perform at Spike's, but this time was different in the fact that we had great weather. The past couple of times we were here, it rained, which really puts strain on an outdoor show. Also, we were treated to some of the oddest comments of any show.
People said the strangest things like, to Joe, "Can I jam out on your drum set for, like, 20 seconds?" When Joe said no, the guy's response was, "I can't understand you, but thanks for being polite."
Then a bit later, a guy came up to the stage and told Bill there was a girl who would like to meet him. Bill was feeling pretty smug until she came up and said, "You remind me of my father. He's been dead for two years."
The best was the extremely inebriated girl who waited until we were hitting our last note of the evening to say, "ALL I WANT IS MUSTANG SALLY!" and when I said we were done, she said, "That sucks, but you were great. Come on....Mustang Sally??"
Strange.