Sunday, August 15, 2010

Stones Throw Winery 8/14/10

I don't know why, but I was not mentally prepared for our drive today. For some reason, I had it in my head that the show in Egg Harbor, WI, was only an hour or so north of Milwaukee. Boy, was I wrong. It's more like three-and-a-half hours away. So because I wasn't ready for that drive, I found myself becoming more-and more irritable. Most people on the road were driving like idiots, and I had the realization that when we finished our show, It would be a three-and-a-half hour drive back to Milwaukee after midnight. The show would have been ok, but I'm not sure how experienced the sound guy was. He had great equipment, but maybe not the best at running it. I dunno. I guess he could've been having an off night. Someone in the crowd bought our meal for us (thank you) and the show was fine after people had some wine and loosened up. I guess from now on, we shouldn't watch documentaries (like the one we saw in the car on our trip to the winery) about how the music industry is failing right before a show...
Stones Throw Winery