Sunday, September 15, 2013

Zydeco's 9/14/13





This was our second of two shows today, and what a perfect way to end our short tour in Indiana! Zydeco's in Mooresville is my home-away-from-home, and it was an unbelievably good time tonight performing with DHG. Kevin and Steve locked in to make a solid rhythm section, and Cory Pitre played guitar over my piano like the two of us had grown up playing these tunes together. Later in the evening, good friend and great bassist, Jack Joseph, sat in with us for a couple of tunes, which was a real treat. Besides the great music, I was so happy to spend some time with a bunch of family and friends who had come out to watch the show (including guitarist Jake Hahn who used to perform with DHG before I moved to Texas). Kevin had a chance to try jambalaya for the first time tonight, and he loved it. Thanks to Deb and Carter for having us! I miss you guys!